"Follow God's example in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him.

Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God's people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is really an idolater who worships the things of this world. Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him. Don't participate in the things these people do. For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.

Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are. And where your light shines, it will expose their evil deeds. This is why it is said,

"Awake, O sleeper,
rise up from the dead,
and Christ will give you light."

Ephesians 5:1-15

Throughout the years of my Christian journey I've had friends who have stumbled and fallen, and I've stumbled and fallen. We're not perfect people, though we're striving for perfection. Throughout our journey its certain that we will fall if only for God to be glorified and pick us back up again.

We're called to be imitators of Christ. That means that though we're imperfect, we're supposed to strive for perfection. We're supposed to imitate the attributes of God much like little children often try and imitate their parents. I remember when I was little I would sneak into my mom's closet and put on her business suits and try to be just like her. I've learned throughout the years that if we imitate something long enough, we actually become like it. We actually start to exude the attributes of the subject we're imitating without even trying, they become part of us.

I've also seen people take on negative attributes. When I was starting middle school my parents warned me not to join "the wrong crowd". I didn't really know what that meant. And I was smart, I knew I wasn't going to become friends with bad people. When I got to my new school I started hanging out with the first girls I met. I didn't really notice that they had bad attitudes or were trouble makers because they were the only people I knew at the time. A couple weeks in to school I realized that my little group of friends were always getting into trouble. I had joined the wrong crowd and didn't even realize it! I had started getting in trouble with them, and picking up their attitude. I realized that I'd done exactly what my parents had warned me about, and it scared me enough to drop my friends and make new ones.

When we're striving to be like God, we're automatically walking in light. Our past is forgotten and forgiven, and the old has become new. We no longer have shame in Christ because all we're doing is for His glory, and all we've done is forgiven. And though we may feel fake at first, or not worthy of God's attributes, when we imitate Him long enough, His attributes become our own. When we're walking in light, our life is like a beacon to others. God is glorified through us and the sins of others are revealed through Christ's presence within us. Just our very presence in a room with someone else who is walking in darkness can convict that person because Christ is shining through us. His light becomes our light, and He lends His name to ours. We carry His name when we're called Christians.

However, Satan can sometimes twist truth. He is an expert at what he does. Ephesians 6:11 says, "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." The word "wiles" there in the Greek actually means "military strategies". Hell is not a disorganized place. On the contrary, it is very organized. The devil plans his attacks to the very smallest detail and is as organized in his strategies as an army, as the cleverest army. We have to remember, the devil isn't dangerous because he's obvious....he's dangerous because he's devious.

That's why it is so important, the Bible says, to put on the "whole armor of God". This includes, "having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Ephesians 6:14-17

So how do we know if we're walking in light or if we're walking in darkness? The simple answer is: are we hiding anything? Are we ashamed of something in our lives? Are we doing something that we think God would not approve of? Does it line up with His word? The Bible is an excellent source of answers to questions that we may have. It is a very practical tool for our lives and God gave it to us for a reason and has sustained it for thousands of years in its original context for a reason. Its there so we might be able to know more of God's attributes and imitate them. God gave us the Bible so we might know Him more.

I'll leave you all with this final scripture:

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light" 1 Peter 2:9

Guys, we are called to be His imitators. Imitate Him that the best might be brought out in us, that He may do through us what He wills to change the world. We were made to proclaim the praises of God, the One who has CALLED us out of DARKNESS to walk in His MARVELOUS light. He has so much more planned for us than we could ever imagine. He has so much more for us than what anyone or anything could ever offer us. Lets be imitators of Him. Lets come into our true calling as Christians.

If you're not content with where your life is, if you're feeling empty, if you feel stagnant in your relationship with God, stand up and start to follow Him. Start to imitate Him. Love others, give generously, put away sexual sins, selfish ambition. Strive for more and He will meet you.

Walk in His light.

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ha! well said my girl!!
    I agreed with you in every word! I like everything you said! ... and you made me think in my life and to see where i'm stand ... thanks!
    You should write more often in this blog!
    Love You!
    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Anonymous said...
    good afternoon friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices as regards the velcros were all over 350 pounds on every site. But definitively I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what is your opinion?
    Anonymous said...
    good afternoon bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are approximately 250 dollars on every page. But for all I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?
    Anonymous said...
    Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.
    Anonymous said...
    hello people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are about 230 dollars on every site. But completely I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?
    'Rika said...
    You should some time, some day, when you have time, give this blog some loving again. =)

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.